Pricing Range $6595 - $7047
- Up To 12 HP Gain with ECU software
- 10lbs Lighter than stock exhaust
- Includes High Flow Cats
- Tip Choices and Colors
- Optional Headers
+ Detailed Product Description
AWE Tuning Performance Exhaust Porsche 911 GT2 RS – 997.2
- Max power gains of 12 hp and 22 ft-lbs of torque
- Requires ECU software flash
- Direct bolt-on and perfect fit
- Choice of silver or black RSR style tips
- 10 lbs lighter than the stock exhaust system
- High performance catalysts feature HJS HD 200CPSI cores
- 3.0″ tubing with H-Pipe crossover for optimal performance
- Bullet style mufflers without any drone
- X-pipe delivers a constant exotic tone
- Exhaust design maximizes flow and performance
- Includes gaskets and hardware
- No Check Engine Light Guarantee
The AWE performance exhaust for the Porsche 911 GT2 RS – 997.2, has received rave reviews for it amazing sound. At idle and part throttle the exhaust is civil and well behaved. On full throttle the tone and volume jump to produce and amazing sound that clearly distinguishes this exhaust from the rest.
To make this exhaust work effectively, a re-flash of the ECU performance data file is required. The exhaust can produce erratic performance if the ECU is not updated at the same time.
The exhaust is comprised of 3.0 inch tubing with an H-style crossover pipe. The bullet mufflers help to save weight, reduce drone but allow for excellent exhaust gas flow. The 200 cell HJS HD metal core catalysts make sure the CEL is not triggered while helping to deliver more than 12 additional horse power.
AWE offers two choices of tips for the 911 GT2 RS Exhaust:
RSR style diamond black tips
RSR style chrome silver tips
+ Performance Specs
+ Our Opinion
High quality exhaust with easy fitment and really amazing sound – certainly one of the best. However, to make this exhaust work well you do need to re-flash the ECU with a performance file that is optimized for the resultant lower back pressure from the exhaust. GIAC does provide a re-flash of the ECU that is designed to work with this exhaust. AWE includes the gaskets and hardware you need to complete the job. Modifications to the emissions systems like the cats can reduce your long term ability to be emission compliant – they are designed for “for racing use only.”
Installation is pretty straight forward with the bumper removed. AWE includes new hardware to make the job simple. We do recommend new studs for the turbo connection be on-hand when you start this install. We’d highly recommend you search our directory for a local specialist who can re-flash the ECU and install this for you – or contact us and we’ll recommend a friendly local specialist shop for you.