Designed to work with:
All 911 Carrera 991.2 Models with PSE
Carrera S & Carrera GTS, Targa, Cabriolet, Coupe
Price Range $3595 to $3830
- Config Options with Up To 22HP Gain
- Uses existing PSE push-button
- Max Volume – Switchpath Valve Control
- Tip Choices and Colors
- No CEL & Perfect Fit
+ Detailed Product Description
AWE Tuning Performance Exhaust for Porsche 911 Carrera, S & GTS – 991.2 with PSE
- Max power gains of 14 hp and 17 ft-lbs of torque at the crank on Carrera
- Max power gains of 11 hp and 7 ft-lbs of torque at the crank on Carrera S
- Max power gains of 22 hp and 42 ft-lbs of torque at the crank on Carrera S with catalysts option
- SwitchPath™ Exhaust provides maximum volume
- Retains the existing push-button PSE function
- Direct bolt-on and perfect fit
- Choice of silver or black 102mm tips
- Optional performance catalysts feature HJS HD 200CPSI cores
- No muffler packing so the exhaust retains its deep tone over time
- Integrated X-pipe delivers a constant exotic tone without any drone
- Exhaust design maximizes flow and performance
- No Check Engine Light Guarantee
The AWE performance exhaust suite for the Porsche 911 991.2 Carrera, Carrera S and Carrera GTS also provides the option to include high flow performance catalytic converters. The SwitchPath exhaust allows the PSE system to open valves and bypass the muffler sections at higher RPM to produce maximum volume. Adding the optional catalytic converter sections deepens the tone, adds some volume and increases power gains.
The SwitchPath exhaust is comprised of an x-pipe, a balance tube, matched valve path and non-valve inlets. These connect with two straight-through mufflers designed specifically for Porsche’s new turbo-powered Carrera. The SwitchPath™ Exhaust retains the use of the original valve operation in the factory system, while providing a significant increase in power and optimizing volume. The straight-through muffler design does not have acoustic packing material and therefore will retain its tones over time.
The SwitchPath™ Exhaust responds to your driving in the same way the factory exhaust does. Once the ECU opens the valves, the tone and volume produced from the SwitchPath™ exhaust jump to a higher level. Rapidly, you can go from sophisticated street car to max volume by opening the throttle. With the valves closed, the SwitchPath exhaust provides a deep rumble and exotic tones that are aggressive but yet refined.
Optional Performance Catalysts
The optional AWE Tuning Performance catalysts are an easy bolt-on solution to unlock additional power. The cats are constructed with HJS HD 200CPSI cores and they fit seamlessly to the SwitchPath™ Exhaust to make it a complete turbo-back version.
AWE offer two choices of tips for the 911 Carrera Exhaust:
102mm diamond black tips
102mm chrome silver tips
+ Performance Specs
+ Our Opinion
High quality exhaust with easy fitment and really good sound. Control from the PSE function is maintained – great feature. Optional cat sections are available but in our opinion the gains from sound and power are not worth the expense. In addition, modifications to the emissions systems like the cats can reduce your long term ability to be emission compliant and raise eyebrows when warranty work is required – they are designed for “for racing use only.” If you are going to track the car then the optional cats are a good choice.
Installation is pretty straight forward, once you have the rear bumper removed. AWE includes new hardware to make the job simple. Connection of the valves is really easy and this job shouldn’t take more than a couple of hours. If you’re not comfortable with installing yourself, we’d recommend you search our directory for a local specialist who can install this for you – or contact us and we’ll recommend a friendly local specialist shop for you.